KPMG/Ascend Case Study Student Competition
It is with great pleasure that we officially announce our first Ascend and KPMG LLP National Student Case Study Competition to be held during Ascend's Annual National Convention in New York, NY August 14-16, 2010.
The Ascend/KPMG Student Case Study Competition is expected to be an extremely popular event that will present accounting students with the challenge of resolving real-world accounting issues in a collegial and competitive environment. It will also provide students with the opportunity to work with KPMG LLP (KPMG) professionals, better understand the demands and rewards of the accounting profession, and network with finance and accounting professionals and students from across the United States.
Student Selection Process
In order to participate, students must send us a résumé for consideration. KPMG will be assembling teams with five students each. There will be no more than eight teams for the competition.
KPMG will select students based on the following requirements:
· Students must be accounting and/or finance majors with a curriculum to support sitting for the CPA exam upon graduation.
· Students must be graduating in spring/summer of 2011 or later.
· Students must have a minimum 3.2 GPA.
· Students should be Ascend members who embrace and support Ascends values, mission, and principles. Full-time students can become members at http://ascendleadership.org/index/Join.htm.
· If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity, please submit your résumé to